ISO 14001 Certification is an international standard for environmental management, risk assessment, and its performance measurement to protect the environment in response to changing environmental situations.
ISO 14001:2015 has been revised on 15th September 2015 and is given 3 years transition period to comply with this 2015 version of ISO 14001. The requirements are to prove that the organization is taking effective steps to full fill social & environmental responsibilities. It helps organizations to control and successfully manage the most significant environmental aspects of organizations created by processes
e.g. emissions, waste-handling, utilize natural resources, and energy-efficiency together with compliance with environmental regulations.
- Energy saving
- Waste minimization (waste disposal costs decrease)
- Minimization of penalties for environmental pollution
- A tool for obtaining information needed for planning and objectives establishment
- Risk minimization of environmental accidents
- Enhancement of organization ethics
- Organization image improvement
- Good public relations and good relations with a local government