Occupational health and safety management systems
ISO 45001 requirements of the health and labor protection system of an organization and establishes an organization’s commitment to provide a safe working environment for employees & other concerns. The objective is to reduce accidents, injuries and prevent fatal resulting in loss of life and time of people or loss or damage to equipment and environment.
The framework of ISO 45001 Standard enables the organizations to formulate HSE policies and objectives and their implementation with review of compliance to HSE legislative requirements, significant hazards and risks related to occupational health & safety - ISO 45001. The standard can be implemented alone and can also be aligned with the other management system standards such as ISO 9001.
a) continual improvement of OH&S performance;
b) fulfillment of legal requirements and other requirements;
c) achievement of OH&S objectives.
- is applicable to any organization regardless of its size, type, and activities. It is applicable to the OH&S risks under the organization's control, taking into account factors such as the context in which the organization operates and the needs and expectations of its workers and other interested parties.
- enables an organization, through its OH&S management system, to integrate other aspects of health and safety, such as worker wellness/wellbeing.
- can be used in whole or in part to systematically improve occupational health and safety management. However, claims of conformity to this document are not acceptable unless all its requirements are incorporated into an organization's OH&S management system and fulfilled without exclusion.
- Helps improve safety culture , increases control of hazard
- To enhance image of your organization
- Demonstrate Legal compliance
- Improve efficiency of the operation & consequent reduction in accident and Production time loss
- Improve security , quality of work place , employee morale and adherence
- Increase company values